The Buy Box is the box on a product detail page where customers can begin the purchasing process by adding items to their shopping carts. A key feature of the Amazon website is that multiple sellers can offer the same product. If more than one eligible seller offers a product, they can compete to be featured in the Buy Box for that product (if it can be shipped to the customer’s address).
elling on Amazon is the key path to reach millions of customers through the marketplace. It is an ecommerce giant that has staggering growth, and it shows no sign of slowing down either.
Amazon accounts for about half of every dollar spent online in the US . Today, it’s not a question of ‘should’ your brand be selling on Amazon, but ‘how’ it’s selling on Amazon.
How does it work?
- Create your account and register it as a seller on the seller central.
- Add your product pages to Amazon. You can either add products one by one or large batches of products if you have a Professional selling subscription.
- Customer view your products, and make purchases. Manage your orders on the Orders tool.
- You can choose to be an FBA seller, whereby Amazon packs and ships your product. Alternatively, you can do the shipping yourself to the customer.
- Receive your payment, however, account for Amazon’s fee here.
Tips on Building a Seller Profile
- Build a Recognisable and Trustworthy Seller Profile
- Get the Basics Right and Showcase your Product at its Best
- Work Hard to Encourage Positive Customer Feedback and Product Reviews
- Don’t ignore negative feedback or reviews if you receive them
Want to learn more about being a seller on Amazon?